|Cloud 9 Brewery is looking for a creative and proficient chef who is hands-on in the kitchen, executing our recipes and preparing quality ingredients. Attention to detail, knowledge of food quality, recipe timings and kitchen safety are required for this position.
From the quality of the beer and food, to the atmosphere of the dining area and bar and especially the service they receive, a guest’s impression of the brewery begins as soon as they walk through the door. Their experience must be excellent.
Our ideal Prep Chef will have a strong sense of ownership, and a true passion for creative and delicious cuisine. Commercial equipment knowledge, sanitation and safety, and cost-control experience are preferred.
The Prep Chef is the first one to touch ingredients, and the executor of the standard recipes, so an eye for detail and a great palatte are basic tenets of this position.
- Preps assigned items according to the Prep Lists, Firing Charts and par levels as set by management
- Properly measure and assemble ingredients required for preparing the standard recepies
- Cut and/or portion meat, fish and poultry
- Minimize waste of products
- Rinses and cuts raw food products
- Accepts or rejects ingredients based on quality and quantity
- Cleans, organizes and maintains refrigerators, cooler drawers, prep and dry storage areas
- Maintains prep area in a clean, sanitary and safe manner
- Understands and complies with food safety and temperature standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with team members and guests
- Clean, organize and maintain kitchen-related work areas
- Rotate product
- Log and discard product as required
- All other day to day activities necessary to keep the kitchen running
The Prep Chef will report to the Cloud 9 Executive Chef.
- Prepare all food items to order, following standard recipes and procedures within specified time limits
- Knowledge about plating and presentation
- Work days, nights or weekends, as required
- Ability to multi-task in a noisy and fast-paced, distraction-filled environment
- Move about facility and stand for 100% of shift
- Bend, reach, mop, wipe and stoop while performing duties
- Adhere to sanitization procedures
- Read and write handwritten notes
- Handle exposure to high temperature and humidity
- Lift and carry up to 55 pounds
- Dress per requirements, looking neat, clean and professional at all times
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English